Gulf Coast State College offers Federal Work Study, Florida Work Experience Program, and Student Assistant student-employment programs.
FWS is a need-based, federally funded employment program that allows students to earn money through on-campus or off-campus employment to help with educational expenses. GCSC typically receives over $100,000 of FWS funding each aid year so students have a better chance at becoming a student employee if they submit a FAFSA!More information on FWS may be found online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/work-study
FWEP is a need-based, state funded employment program providing eligible Florida students work experiences to complement and reinforce their educational and career goals.More information on FWEP may be found online at https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/PDF/factsheets/FWEP.pdf
Those wishing to become student employees are encouraged to:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Student employment opportunities can be found on the job board in Student Union East. Campus job position are sent through your Gulf Coast student email.
- Submit a student employment application
- Interview, if contacted by a supervisor
- Complete Human Resources on-boarding, if hired by a supervisor
- For questions regarding the Student Employment program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850.872.3845
NEW! Student employees submit time sheets online using Lighthouse! A student employment web time entry instruction will be provided for step-by-step details.