The North Bay Campus in Southport, Florida, is situated along County Road 2300, just miles from the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
637 Highway 2300
Southport, FL 32409
Toll Free: 800.311.3685, ext. 5602
So Much to Offer – GCSC’s North Bay Campus
The 225-acre North Bay Campus came about from a unique partnership between Bay County and Gulf Coast State College. A joint-use facility owned by Gulf Coast State College, the North Bay Campus is home to Gulf Coast’s Division of Public Safety, along with the Bay County Emergency Operations Center and an incident command center. In addition to classroom space and training space for the college’s public safety programs, Gulf Coast’s 50,400-square-foot Public Safety Building provides office, classroom and training space for the county’s emergency personnel.
Programs and Classes at the North Bay Campus
The North Bay center offers Public Safety Division programs for credit, including the Corrections Academy, Fire Academy and Law Enforcement Academy. But also offers advanced and specialized training, most of which are for credit, to officers who are already in the field.
Gulf Coast State College also offers non-credit and continuing education public safety courses on this campus including maritime STCW classes, security officer training, civilian handgun training, CPR and First Aid.
Classes outside the Public Safety Division are also taught occasionally at the North Bay Campus. Check the course schedule for general education courses offered on the North Bay Campus.
The Gulf Coast Criminal Justice Selection Center on the North Bay Campus offers Equivalency of Training (EOT) assessments for former Florida officers and out of state officers who would like to be exempted from basic training. In addition, the selection center offers the following tests:
- Florida Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) - (*Note: Prior to taking the CJBAT you must present a valid state issued drivers license and your Social Security Card, no copies of either drivers license or Social Security Card will be accepted.)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory (NCJOSI)
- State Officer Certification Examination
- State Fire Certification
Once an equivalency of training exemption by the Criminal Justice Selection Center, officers are eligible for law enforcement officer and correctional officer proficiency training courses through Gulf Coast State College.
The North Bay Campus houses lab and training facilities for all of Gulf Coast State College’s Public Safety Division programs, including:
- Paramedic/EMT Indoor Training Lab
- Vehicle Operations and Extractions Range
- Evidence Processing Training Lab
- Firearms Training Range Facility
- Use-of-Force/Firearms Simulation Lab
- State Approved Burn Building
- Outdoor Drill and Prop Field
- Jail Cell Training Lab
Academic offices for the Public Safety Division, including public safety advisors, program managers and faculty, are also located on the North Bay Campus. Textbooks for public safety classes are available at the North Bay Campus Bookstore.